WWTP Upper Plant Bar Screens Repl.
The Work of this Contract under the Base Bid generally includes the following:
• Field measurement- Measurement of existing channel walls and channel bottom and identification of channel preparation (grout or grinding) necessary for meeting the multirake screen installation tolerances required by the manufacturer.
• Bar Screens- Replacement of two bar screens. Coordination with Owner’s system
integrator to connect the new equipment with the plant SCADA system.
• Washer/Compactors- Replacement of two washer/compactors including associated piping, fittings, and valves. Coordination with Owner’s system integrator to connect the new equipment with the plant SCADA system.
• Channel- Sandbagging and pumping channel as necessary during construction to maintain a dry channel. Power-washing and removal of grit from channels prior to
installation. Access to channel for owner inspection of concrete. Modifications to existing channels to accommodate new bar screens- grout removal, concrete infill.
• Chlorine Contact Basin Slide Gate Replacement – Remove existing slide gates isolating the west and east basins and repair damaged wall where the existing slide gates are
installed. Install new slide gates as specified in the Contract Documents.
• Non-potable water pipe replacement – Replace the existing 3-inch non-potable water line from the lower aeration basin to the lower plant blower building and digester control building as shown in the Contract Documents.