Durham IPS Biofilter Retrofit
1. Demolish existing earthen odor control biofilter including earthen media, buried air distribution piping and irrigation piping at basin.
2. Protect in place existing temporary odor control system, in service odor control ducting, all electrical and instrumentation conduit, wiring, panels and appurtenances. Ensure continuing full function of the temporary odor control system.
3. Protect in place existing irrigation control panel and piping connections to the extents shown.
4. Install new reinforced concrete basin to house new engineered media biofilter.
5. Install new engineered media biofilter including floor system, HDPE basin liner, engineered media and other appurtenances as required.
6. Install new ductwork from existing blowers to new engineered media biofilter, connect to existing ductwork.
7. Install new irrigation piping and nozzles, connect to existing irrigation piping at existing irrigation control panel.
8. Install new biofilter drain, connect to existing drain discharge location.
9. Backfill to grade unused area of existing earthen biofilter basin.
10. Perform site grading of area.