Durham FOG Tank Retrofit
• Demo two existing concrete tanks and install two new stainless steel, cone-bottom FOG tanks at the existing Brown Grease Receiving Facility.
• Install new air release/vacuum valves, odor control cannisters and relocate level instruments for new FOG tanks.
• Install a new FOG receiving drum screen to provide debris removal from FOG deliveries at the Brown Grease Receiving Facility.
• Install a new rotary lobe pump to pump FOG from new screen into new tanks.
• Install new piping, valves and appurtenances to connect new screen, pump and tanks
to existing Brown Grease Receiving Facility infrastructure.
• Install new FOG feed piping from Brown Grease Receiving Facility to cleanout slab for digester gas production.
• Install new utility stations on exterior walls of Brown Grease Receiving Facility.
• Replace existing plug valves on existing FOG piping in Brown Grease Receiving Facility.
• Install yard piping, asphalt roadway, concrete slabs, storm drain collection structures and other surface improvements.
• Install two new ultrasonic flow meters on existing FOG feed piping in Digester Complex 2.
• Salvage two vertical mixers, one foul air exhaust fan, one grease filter, two flow elements and transmitters, exterior stairs, two solenoid valves and one slide gate from
Brown Grease Receiving facility.
• Install temporary FOG tanks, piping and pumps to maintain FOG receiving and digester gas production during modifications to the existing FOG tanks and piping at Brown Grease Receiving Facility.